Saturday, April 23, 2011

All Drainy on the Western Front

Rich got to come home on Thursday, he now has a funtime drain!  YAY!  Ok not yay, he can't sleep well with it and is constantly afraid it is going to pop out.  Understandable.  He has to drink eight ounces of MCT oil which we just learned he can mix with fruit juices, which is way better.  He said it tastes like drinking butter.  Ew.  He is not a happy camper at all, but we believe he will get his drain out on Monday and maybe he can quit the low fat diet, even though the low fat diet is best for him.  He just wants some damn cake! 

Today I am taking my three hour glucose test.  I haven't eaten in over 13 hours, I just had my blood drawn once and I chugged 100 mg of a sugary warm orange drink.  I have three more blood draws after this, 10:22, 11:22 and 12:22 - then I get to eat some lunch!!  Oh food <3 

Sitting in a lab waiting room is not awesome, I think someone just crop dusted the area.  Aw man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment